Thursday, February 21, 2008

TAGGED!

I've been tagged by my good friend, Hilarie! I am now supposed to post a blog regarding 7 fun facts that you might not have known about me. Here it goes:

1. I have an identical twin sister - which all of you probably know but it has always been something that has made me unique. Some interesting memories associated with being a twin was the first party that Keely was invited to and I wasn't. For many years we had the same or similar friends until junior high and then it came, the invitation that came with her name on it and mine was left off. That was only the beginning of things that she and I both would experience in regards to one of us "getting" or achieving things and the other one not. But all in all, it has made us who we are!

2. What would I be doing if I had all the time in the world? Family history. Many of you may not know that I love finding out who my ancestors are and getting to know who I am because of them. The only problem is I pick it up for months at a time, then don't do anything with it for a long time, then go back to it... you get the picture. I am currently focused on picking it back up again when I stop working in June.

3. Secretly I love to do administration work... yes, paying bills, organizing, etc. I think I would make a great administrative assistant if I didn't have to have a boss! I really didn't like being ordered around as a receptionist/admin so that was not the job for me which is the job I did between undergrad and grad school.

4. David and I have never owned or had a Christmas tree in the seven years we have been married. We have always traveled for Christmas and thought, what's the point? Hopefully, we will get one of our own for Drew this year.

5. I love to read historical fiction and books about women friendships - nothing else I really get into. I also would love to write a book one day but I figure my journal is a book about my personal history so maybe one day one of my posterity can publish it for themselves.

6. I played competitive flag football my freshman year at UT. I learned from guys down the hall about how to run routes and how to catch the ball in any circumstance. We had multiple practices a week and I probably spent way too much time doing all of that but it was so much fun. My absolute favorite time of the year is the fall because of the college football season (GO HORNS!) and the holidays...

7. Some things I would love to do one day include taking a photography class, learn sign language and write a song...

I now tag Mary, April, Wendy, Stephanie, Jennifer, and Annie... :)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

fun to read. have you done a hundred list yet? i finished mine a few months ago and stephanie is now working on hers. we don't publish them, though.

wait. did you just tag me?

you need to specify which jennifer you mean. there are a few of us out there.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

yes, I meant you! :) I know you and Stephanie do your blogs regularly and I love reading them. Yeah, Bro. Wright had us do our 100 list in institute all those years ago. I think I got up to 50-something but then David and I started one of our own as well as a couple. I love going back and reading what I wrote and seeing what I've done! :)

Jennifer said...

no. not that kind of list. at least i think they're different...

so what do i have to do with your tag?

Kinsey Pistorius said...

what is a hundred list? I am very curious now! :)

Elieson Family said...

Great things Kinsey. I'm on #70-something with the list Jen's making me write out. I'll put down 7 things on my page for the WORLD to learn... hmmm, better make it good!
I had to find some earplugs when I was swimming a month ago. I stopped going to the gym to swim though, because one or more of the kids would be sick.. and when ONE is out, we're all down. Bah! I have to remind myself that kids are only small for a short time :)

Elieson Family said...

The hundred list is short facts about yourself that others might not know. Examples could be like:
1. I wish I had blue eyes.
2. My favorite song when I was 10 was ...

Get the idea? It's fun. Just fast-facts.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

wow, 100 would be hard to do, I have difficulty coming up with 7! But I like the challenge! :)

Jennifer said...

its SO not hard to come up with 100.
i'm currently on #132 of my hundreds list.
really, stiff? you wish you had blue eyes? i'm eager to get your list. i wonder if you'll be as recognizable to me as I was to you. i'll send you my last installment as soon as i hear from you.
kinsey, you want in?