Monday, July 20, 2015

Twilight Camp 2015

Drew is now a Webelo and it's his last year at Twilight Camp. I volunteered two days, Tuesday and Friday, and Tuesday was my 39th birthday. I figured I would spend my day with my son as that would be a perfect gift for me. I probably wasn't thinking about the heat and the sweating I would do when I made that decision but I survived. Drew had so much fun the entire week. On Tuesday, we made bows and arrows, saw various raptors native to Texas, ran the obstacle course and was able to squirt the boys with water guns, and made rockets to launch. Friday was the day just for the Webelos and they could pick whatever they wanted to do. Our boys chose to do archery, crafts (Drew made a slingshot and a kite), and have snow cones too. They even flew in a rescue helicopter and had a firetruck there for the scouts to tour. After dinner, we went to rock climb and all of a sudden, the skies were black and the wind picked up. Camp was shut down and we all went home early. It poured and poured on the drive home but we made it back safely and had so much fun!



0 comments: