Monday, July 20, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

We had the privilege of having Colleen come visit us for Mother's Day weekend. We took her out to chili's for dinner and I put together a jar of hugs and kisses with "Memories of Mom" written out on pieces of paper in the jar too. I had all the kids and grandkids contribute two memories totaling 52 memories for the 52 weeks of the year. Colleen very much appreciate it. I also took her to get our nails done Saturday morning. We had a great time celebrating with her. David later cooked steak and asparagus, our traditional Mother's Day dinner. :) I also got not one but two days at the spa to use later this summer.
  Drew asked me if he could be in charge of Family Home Evening tonight. He worked hard after school to put together his lesson on Mothers. It was the best present I could receive as he talked about all the things I do for the kids specifically "help them clean the game room because most moms don't do that." Lol! This boy warmed my heart with his appreciation for me and the way he asked his brother and sisters what they can do for me on Mother's Day. Little does he know, he's already done enough. And the way he ended his lesson with "A-mom" instead of Amen was simply priceless.

0 comments: