Monday, July 20, 2015

End-of-Year Class celebrations 2015

Drew and Dilan both had end-of-the-year celebrations with their classes. Dilan earned her certificate of graduation from kindergarten. Her teacher, Ms. Cornatzer, put together a beautiful and endearing slide show of all the pictures she took this year of the kids and their learning. David was able to attend Dilan's celebration and Dilan loved that he was there, even more than watching the video. Drake and Dakota colored pictures the whole time at Dilan's desk. 
 Drew's celebration was very touching and it began by the teacher, Ms. Vanderplas, playing sentimental music when the parents walked in the room. I had tears in my eyes, it was so hard to get through for me. I feel like Drew is growing up and as happy as I am to see the young man he is turning into, I miss him already thinking one day he will leave our home. He is such an incredible kid. Drew's teachers, Ms. Vanderplas and Mrs. Bell, handed out awards to each student tying them into candy and making it very specialized for that student. Drew got the Dove award, which represented the peacemaker in the class. It really felt like his teacher knew him and she loved her students so much that she even started crying saying, "When you don't have children of your own, your students become like your children." She loved Drew, she loved her class, and it meant so much to me that she loved my child when he was with her in her classroom. Drew was also recognized and received an award for being the male student council representative for his class. 
 Dilan and Drew on the last day of kinder and 4th grade. Dilan had me curl her hair because she was up early and ready for the last day!

0 comments: