Thursday, February 23, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Valentine's Day was so much fun this year. I remember when I was young that my mom would always leave some sort of Valentine treat/gift and card in my bathroom so I found it there when I woke up. She always took the day to remind us that we were loved. So in talking to a friend, I decided to get each of the kids a treat and a new book for Valentine's Day. I picked out the treats and David picked out the kids' books. Drew is now reading chapter books so he got the first two books of the A to Z Mystery series and a big bag of m&ms. Dilan got a new big Princess book that she absolutely loves and a big package of gum (which she prefers over anything). And Drake got a new book called, How Do I Love You?, and he really liked it too.


Drew's Valentine's party did not allow for siblings to attend. So, we chose to go to lunch with Drew, bring him a McDonald's happy meal and his favorite cookies to share with his friends. It was a great idea because after school, he told me that it was okay I couldn't come to his party because I had come to lunch instead and how much he had enjoyed it.
When David got home, he had brought two dozen red roses - one dozen for me and one for Dilan. She was especially pleased with the flowers and kept picking one rose each day to carry around with her everywhere.
Here's a picture of me, my precious kids and the pretty flowers. Yes, Dilan had de-clothed by this time of the night.
Here's the picture I took of Dilan with the roses on my phone
Drew and some of his classmates at his Valentine's party (his teacher took this picture). The girl on the very left was the girl he wrote a letter to in class telling her she was pretty. Yes, I almost died when he told me this. But I have to say, he has very good taste because she is delightful!

1 comments:

Phillips Family said...

What a great V-Day. We cannot believe how big your kids are getting.