Saturday, August 20, 2011

Last week of summer and Waffle House breakfast

To wrap up our last week of summer, we had movie day on Thursday as we headed to the library, did puzzles and checked out lots of books and movies. Drew got to pick the movies we watched, we ate popcorn, and had a lot of fun. (by the way, I did offer to take all of them to the movies but Drew prefers watching them at home).

On Friday, we went to the Sun Valley Aquatic Center. It has a lazy river and little slides in the water. We waited for David to get home so we could go around 5 when it cooled down a bit too. We also finished the night off with cheeseburgers and french fries from Whataburger!

To cap off the finality of the summer, we went to Waffle House this morning and ate breakfast. This is simply Drew and David's favorite thing to do so they were in heaven! Then, we drove to the temple and showed it to the kids. Goodbye summer, hello school year!!!

Eating breakfast at the Waffle House
Yummy!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ummmm-- Waffle House! I'm glad you made it back to TX and are closer to family. :)

Johnson said...

I love Waffle House. The first week of school I was out on the golf cart, just Brooke and me, and we drove by Waffle House, so I stopped and had breakfast with just her. Waffles and hash browns = heaven!

Mary Killion said...

Yummm I can still remember my first Whataburger and my first Waffle House meal--so good! Reading your posts makes me long for Texas! We'll get there some day ;)