Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Soccer Camp

Right after we moved here, I signed Drew up for soccer camp at an indoor athletic facility I found here in Coppell. Literally, I looked up sites on Sunday night and signed him up for Monday morning at 9 a.m. He got the last spot and we were in!
Drew loved soccer camp - every morning of the week from 9a.m.-12p.m. was perfect. He met other boys his age, played and played, learned how to play dodge ball too, and came home sweaty every day. In fact, as a coincidence, two boys from our ward were in this soccer camp too so it worked out well. And I didn't hear, "I'm bored!," so much anymore.

This current week he is at my mom's house for his first week by himself and next week, I signed him up for baseball summer camp to have him try baseball. He is on the wait list to play soccer this fall and so we signed him up for the baseball season. We'll see if he likes it! :)

After a hard day's play at soccer camp
for some reason, these pics came out blurry but here is Drew playing in the scrimmage
After soccer camp with his teammates and the coach

0 comments: