Monday, July 11, 2011

Fourth of July 2011

Fourth of July weekend was full of fun - we took Friday to go up to Dallas for the day, meet with David's new boss and some coworkers for lunch, see where he'd be working, and look for a place to live temporarily. Saturday we had boiled crabs which are a tradition in my family to do over the holiday and they were delicious! Drew took personalized swim lessons at my mom's house while we were on vacation and by the time David came, Drew was swimming! YEAH! We were excited he met this milestone in his life. (We had countless group lessons that have gone nowhere - the personal lessons although more expensive are totally worth it.)


David and Drew in the pool
Brothers: Drew and Drake
Pistorius family in the pool
Eating our boiled crabs - Keely and Lars were in charge of the boil and did a fantastic job!
Family picture taken with this camera on a timer - we thought it turned out pretty professional!
My sister-in-law, Amy, has been running many races lately and invited anyone who wanted to do the four miler on the fourth of July to do the race with her. Well, I've been walking 3+ miles with my neighbor for 6 weeks now (and have lost 13lbs!) and thought I should do the race. Of course, once running the race, I didn't like this idea at all, but when we were finished I was glad I did it. Also, the kids did a fun run too and Drew did awesome. He ran so fast and got second place! I know he was very proud of himself and I think we have determined he is definitely his father's son in the speed category. :)

Me and Drew at the race
Drew running his race so fast!
Proud second place finisher!
Amy and me before our race... I finished the four miles (no stopping) in 38:20 which was much better than I was expecting. I got fifth place in my age group (30-39). Of course, I was sore the next few days... :)
My three kiddos on the fourth or the Patriotic Pistorius'
(not the best picture but good enough)

1 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

Kinsey, great job on the race! That is a great time! I can usually barely run 3 miles in about 30 minutes on a treadmill! I'm so glad you are ending up back in Texas with family, but feel bad that you have to pack and move yourself. They don't have relocation help?