Thursday, May 26, 2011

7 months old!

Drake is 7 months old today. He is such a sweet baby and smiles ALL the time. Not only is he precious but just plain beautiful. I could stare into his eyes for days. In fact, when I am rocking him to sleep, I make it a point to do just that - look into his beautiful blue eyes until they slowly drift off to dreamland. He still likes his pacifier and for us to rock him to sleep. For the most part, he is sleeping through the night but on occasion will wake up for a bottle. He eats his solid foods like a champ and is just now figuring out he likes fruits better than veggies. Drake is sitting up by himself, but he does still fall over at times and it doesn't seem to bother him. He is lifting himself up on his belly pretty high and has just started to get his knees underneath him a bit.

All in all, this boy loves to be tickled and cracks up with such laughter, that we just love to hear it. He loves hugs and kisses and cuddling too. Drake is a special part of our family and he's getting so big!
For real, look at those blue eyes! I can't believe I have a kid with such blue eyes!!!
Playtime with my older sister

Cutie pie
Dilan loves to make Drake laugh and smile. She always makes a point to tell me when he's crying and tried to give him his pacifier or one of his toys when he does.


On another note, Drake's "bump" or hemangioma has gotten bigger. Here's documentation from last time that it indeed has grown. No one has ever told me they actually notice it but of course, I know it's there. He's still beautiful to me no matter what, and I have to be grateful it's on the back of his neck than anywhere else. Hopefully, in due time, it will heal and he won't have to worry about it in the future.

When he turns to his left, it's not that noticeable.
Profile view, it's not that noticeable either.
Only really noticeable, when he turns to the right.
One last thought: Did anyone watch the Real Housewives of New York City a few weeks ago when one of the housewives (Jill) hosted a charity event on standing up against bullies? Her stepdaughter spoke and when she did, she talked about having a hemangioma on her face, actually in her bottom lip (which she defined as a benign tumor) that she still has today into adulthood. It was not colorless like Drake's either and it deformed her face. Very sad and honestly, very scary. She talked about being different and being bullied for it. It really upset me. My fear is that this hemangioma could impede Drake's future, but I really decided to try and be thankful that Drake doesn't seem to be bothered by it, he's healthy and in most cases, it does go away. We are praying for that for sure.

2 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

No fun to have to worry about this! I would be worrying just the same. I thought the Dr told you it would go away? That is scary that the girl on TV had to deal with it into her teenage years. Nonetheless, he really is a cutie and I also love those blue eyes.

Jenny said...

Oh- I'm missing you and your kiddos!