Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

My mother's day was wonderful! I got a 90 minute massage on Saturday, booked and already scheduled (which was the best part!). And I got to choose lunch with my family on Saturday at Cafe Rio - my favorite place ever. I also was able to go to Drew's soccer game that evening and then Chick-fil-a with all of our friends from the team. On Sunday, I woke up to all of my kids crawling in bed with us, and I was showered with homemade gifts from Drew. My absolute favorite was a booklet he made at school. Each page started a sentence and Drew filled it in. He also drew a picture with each page. It went like this:

My mom is special because "she is great."
I like it when my mom "laughs."
My mom can do many things. I think she is best at "reading."
My mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by "tickling."
My mom is as pretty as "Dilan."
My mom is smart! She even knows "how to ride a bike."

I loved that he notices my laughter (who doesn't? It can be loud!) and that he thinks I'm as pretty as his sister. That just melts my heart.
I think the best part of this mother's day was how excited Drew was to celebrate me, his mom. It was truly a special day. And thanks to David for the uninterrupted sleep, the yummy omelet he made me, and the fantastic grilling he did for dinner.

1 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

I love that it was a whole special weekend. Loved reading what Drew wrote, so cute!