Saturday, May 21, 2011

Primary Activity - The future Elder Pistorius!

Cutest primary activity ever - seriously. I loved this invitation and I loved the name tag Drew received which stated, "Future Elder Pistorius." Drew said he had so much fun at the activity. He said they pretended to fly on a plane to Latvia, learned the word, Labdien, which means, "Good Day!", ate some good food and learned about being a missionary. He did come home with a letter he wrote home to me (Dear Mom, I went to Latvia. I learned the word Labdien. I had a great time, Love, Elder Pistorius). Very cute.

Thanks to the Primary for putting on such an important activity. For some reason, thinking of Drew serving a mission makes me tear up now as a Mom - not because I would miss him but because I would be so proud of him. And thinking of Drew going on a mission and leaving me for any given time breaks my heart but thinking of him not going would break it even more. I hope he has the desire to go when the time comes and that he has the faith to serve. What a transformable experience for young men and women who make the choice to serve a mission. I know it changed David's life, and I look forward to calling my son, "Elder Pistorius," one day.
the future Elder Pistorius

2 comments:

Mary Killion said...

It WAS a great activity! So glad Drew had an awesome time :)

Kristine Pratt said...

that is a great activity!