Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Egg Dye 2011

We dyed Easter eggs and this was officially Dilan's first time. She insisted on using her hands which were a wonderful greenish color afterwards because her method was to keep putting the eggs in the dye and taking them out over and over again. When she started spilling, her time was up pretty much, but she really did enjoy it. My favorite part was that she kept calling out the colors she was putting her eggs in - it was very cute! And right now the color orange is "juice" because she associates it with orange juice.

Drew is a pro now at coloring his eggs. He had them all one color and in very pretty pastel shades. He didn't drag it out (like Keely and I used to do) but got right down to it. I gave each of them their own colors so it went pretty fast as they each could dye 5 eggs at a time. They love this part of Easter and so do I but I have to admit, the older they get, the easier it is!

Dilan getting started
Drew is ready to go!
Trying to help Dilan
Drew is hoping his eggs don't crack - Dilan cracked her first egg but my Dad graciously stepped in and ate it!
Drew's eggs are starting to look good!
A glimpse of a smile on Dilan and me
Drake got his own egg to play with and when he put it in his mouth, he did not favor the coldness of it!
About done!
Drew is wrapping up as well!
Me and Drew with some of his eggs

0 comments: