Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

We were able to visit the Cherry Blossoms while they were in full bloom. It's literally a two-week window where you can see them, and it is recommended to go into the heart of D.C. and walk the Tidal Basin to do it. Because I'll probably never get this opportunity to do this again, we took off on our cherry blossom adventure last Monday morning right before my mom and Sam left. It was a beautiful day and David even took a long lunch to come with us.

The kids didn't last as long as I had hoped and it was kind of a struggle at some points but we made it. I did get some good pictures too. It was quite beautiful and it reminded me of the bluebonnets in Texas in that it seems a yearly thing here to get pictures of your kids with the cherry blossoms. I'm glad we did it!











0 comments: