Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Drake eats Rice Cereal!!!

Drake is 5 months old and ready for rice cereal. Because of food allergies in our family (David!), we start our kids in the middle of the recommended time (4-6 months). It is supposed to prolong any allergies they may have. With the exception of Dilan because she was not gaining enough weight and we had to put rice cereal in her bottle at 4 months old, 5 months is the magic number where our kids learn how to eat with a spoon!

Drake has his own longhorn bib for his first feeding - a family tradition
taking the first bite
What Dad?
This feels weird
But I'm digging it
at least I thought I was
After a full bowl of rice cereal, he was a happy kiddo!
At one point, Dilan came up to me wanting to try this new dish out. Upon tasting this fabulous meal, she immediately stuck her tongue out and tried to wipe it off. I don't think she'll be asking to share Drake's food again anytime soon!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Monumental moment!! Adam always thought it smelled absolutley horrible...kind of like glue. Ah well, got to start somewhere.

Kristine Pratt said...

I LOVE that you are so great at documenting these events even though it's your 3rd time around! I hope to be able to do this as well.