Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2011!!!

Drew got these awesome glasses today at school from his teacher. We just had to take say HAPPY NEW YEAR with them!
Also, Dilan gave us a great New Year's gift - she said her first sentence! On New Year's Eve, we actually ventured out to Chili's for dinner which is somewhat crazy with three kids, one who's not 2 yet and a 2 month old but we try! She said to David, "coat, coat," when she wanted to put her coat on before we left the house. David tried to convince her that it wasn't cold enough for her coat, but she demanded it and said, "I need my coat! Need my coat!" It was too funny and very cute. I could have told David he wasn't going to win that battle with her but him challenging her made her say her first sentence. She is definitely putting two words together often now, and I guess we'll expect more three-word+ sentences in the new year!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

That is awesome that she said her first word! Congratulations. The kids are adorable.

Phillips Family said...

Wow, that Dave sure knows how to rock a pair of glasses...grrrr Dave, Grrrrr!!

Kristine Pratt said...

so neat, I am excited for the talking phase to start picking up. Also I liked reading what you said about brothers...

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Its funny that you said that because I just got a point and shoot at costco for the SAME reason!!!