Thursday, December 30, 2010

Siblings

These kiddos are what makes life so special and fun for me. I am so glad I have them and even more, I'm glad they have each other.


This day we are just hanging around in our pajamas on Winter break:
Dilan is loving having Drew home this week. She wakes up every day asking, "where's Drew?"
Brothers - Drew is playing with Drake and he starts smiling at him
I am fortunate to have a brother and a sister but my brother never had a brother. I have to say from witnessing my husband and his brother, Mike's relationship, I've learned how special brothers are to one another. I also had my own special relationship with Mike and very much felt like he was the closest person to a younger sibling I would ever have. One of the things I looked forward to the most (and yes it may sound trite to anyone else) was the fact that Mike's children and our children were going to have the same last name. I just thought that was so neat and often Mike and I would talk about that (obviously my dad did not have any brothers as well). Unfortunately, Mike passed away over 7 years ago now, but I am grateful I was able to witness the special bond between he and David. I think it will make me a better mother of these two boys and helps me realize how special their relationship is and will be in the future. I hope they love each other the same way David and Mike did, and I hope Drew takes as much care of Drake as David wanted to do for Mike.

0 comments: