Sunday, December 5, 2010

Drake - 5 weeks old

Drake is 5 weeks old now and starting to coo. It's very sweet. He does smile but it's not like we can get him to do it just yet, so I don't have any pictures of it. He is a sweet baby who loves LOVES to be held. I think he knows he is baby #3 and he has to let us know he won't be ignored. That's okay though - it seems my boys are the cuddlers in this family, and I really don't mind. Sometimes David will come to relieve me and I tell him no because I love holding my baby boy. And when no one else is around and I have no other demands on me (basically in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep), it is the sweetest tenderest moments I have just me and him. It's amazing the love between a mother and her child - doesn't matter if she has three of them, doesn't matter if she already has a wonderful little boy and this is her second boy, it's just natural and innate to feel love beyond measure and I do so already for Drake. I am so grateful for this stage of my life even though I'm tired and it's really hard at times - I know to cherish all of these moments and hopefully, I am doing just that.

1 comments:

Johnson said...

This was such a sweet post. That's a really good pic of you. This post suddenly made me miss you a whole bunch. I want to hang out with you! You need to move back here!