Friday, November 26, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

There is so MUCH to be thankful for this year and I feel so fortunate to have a loving husband and three beautiful healthy children. We cooked our first real TG dinner with turkey and all the traditional sides. David's mother and his cousin were able to join us and it was quite the treat.

When we went around the table saying what we were thankful for, I said I was thankful to be a mother. I still can't believe I have three children now, and I couldn't be more grateful for each one of them or love them anymore than I already do. They are truly the biggest joy in my life by far. By the time we got to David, he listed several things he was thankful for and then his mom did too and so then Drew ended up waiting very patiently for his turn - so much so that we forgot what we were doing and he asked gently for his turn to say something. He listed every member of his family that he was thankful for as well as his friends and teacher at school. We have such a sweet boy! Our meal was delicious and yes, as sleep deprived as I already am, my mother-in-law and I did go black Friday shopping!!! :)

David carving the turkey, me and Drew
David, Colleen, and Tami preparing TG dinner
A picture of our table
(I used my china for the first time ever! which is also my grandmother's china so I LOVE it!!!)
The Pistorius family at the table on TG!

0 comments: