Friday, November 12, 2010

Dilan - 21 months

This is Dilan after her bath and wearing a new headband in her hair. I feel a sense of accomplishment nowadays when we can do things just she and I during the day. So, this was some of our time spent together this week. We draw and color and she loves bath time and doing her hair now. She also likes picking out her clothes and putting on her shoes. She continues to love music the most - pointing to the radio in the car when she hears a song she wants you to turn up. She will also point to the tv and complain until I find the pop music station that plays uninterrupted songs continually. My little girl just loves to dance - it puts the biggest smile on her face. I can't wait until we can actually put her in a dance class in a few years.


I've been surprised by her reaction to the baby - she loves him and is very interested in him. She constantly waves to him saying "hi" and she even started to tickle his feet last night. Even more, I am surprised about her reaction to me - she is okay with me being with the baby. She is not showing any jealousy and I have to ask her for hugs and kisses because I think I miss her more than she misses me right now. It's probably her personality - she is pretty independent and was never my cuddler so she is adjusting just fine to me being more occupied. David is also in charge of her at night and getting her ready in the mornings which helps a lot. Dilan has a lot of personality (much like her Dad) and it's really fun to see it emerge more and more!

1 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

So glad to hear she is transitioning so well! What a good mom you are.