Friday, May 9, 2008

More GRADUATION Moments!

David and I next to the sign for his ceremony on our way in.

David, Drew and I
Funniest picture taken! My stepfather, Sam, on the left, David in the middle, and my Dad on the right. They are all showing off their Rice rings. Rice has one class ring design and here in Houston, people do recognize it. Again, Rice is considered "the ivy league of the South" so it's very prestigious here. Anyway, here are all three grads from Rice in my family! My dad always wanted one of us to go to Rice - my brother and I didn't even apply because let's face it, we wouldn't have gotten in and Keely tried to apply but didn't get in. Plus, since it was in Houston and we all wanted to "go away" for college, we didn't really try hard enough. My dad is thrilled David fulfilled this dream of his that one of his "kids" would graduate from Rice. My dad bought David his Rice ring for his graduation present. THANKS, DAD! We love the ring!
Drew trying to smile for me waiting for the ceremony to start even though he didn't feel good. David came in with all the graduates in procession, we waved to him, and then Drew started crying for "Daddy!" while it was totally silent and they were starting the ceremony... good memories...
My dad, keely and me at the ceremony... can you tell we are all related? :)

1 comments:

Hilarie said...

Congratulations David! What an accomplishment! Both of you guys are my idols!