Thursday, May 16, 2013

Photos, Field Day, Mother's Day and a Garden for May!

Some more pictures from the last bit of April include:
Picking up your baby sister and hugging on her even when she looks pretty uncomfortable. 
Dilan is such a great nurturer and caretaker of Dakota. She is the most interested in her and a big helper when it comes to her baby sister. It is endearing to watch and very sweet to see. This girl is going to make a great mother someday.
 Dakota has started playing in her exersaucer and giving me big dimple smiles which melt my heart.
 A practice photo with Drew for his baptism pictures coming up. Such a handsome good kid - love this boy!
 My crazy toddler, Drake, and his antics as he is climbing off my bed. This kid wants to wrestle and play hard all the time and still cling to his pacifier at night. He makes me smile and laugh constantly. When he does something wrong, like hit his sister, he immediately says, "I sorry ma-ey." I don't get the second "m" in mommy yet but he is so precious. Sometimes I just stare into those gorgeous blue eyes and say, "I love you" over and over because I love hearing him say it back to me too. There is something about the stage where they are learning new words all the time and putting together sentences out of nowhere. This kid and me are such a team.
 and my beautiful five-month old Dakota - those blue eyes are piercing.

 Field Day 2013
Drew got a bit wet in this competition where you take the sponge from the bucket and pass it over your head until the end of the line. A great way to start Field Day.
 Cheering on his classmate
 Being careful with the cup full of water
 Tire roll - Drew did awesome!
 Sack race - Drew hopped very well and could not stop smiling and laughing the whole way

 Dilan's preschool invited the moms for breakfast which we really enjoyed. You gotta love that Dilan wanted to wear her pink cow-girl boots with her outfit that day. Dilan has so much personality but in front of big groups, she gets shy. She was assigned to read the scripture in primary last week and buried her head into David's shoulder so he just said it for her. Naturally, when it came time for the kids to sing to all of us moms at the breakfast, Dilan shook her head no that she didn't want to do it and got all teary-eyed. I told her it was okay and she didn't have to go up there but she definitely was interested in watching her friends sing. Also, you'll notice with her "mommy" art below that apparently I drive around while she is at school. Not too far from the truth...
 Our first garden! David has wanted a garden for years and now we have planted one. The kids absolutely loved digging and planting with him and they go check on it every day. We also planted two peach trees and we tell Dilan they remind of us living in Georgia when we had her there.
 There was a lot of dirt flying from these three kiddos

 and tilling the dirt took some effort!
Hopefully I'll post pictures of our loot when it all grows in!

0 comments: