Friday, August 24, 2012

Utah Trip 2012

As summer was coming to a close, I really wanted to go to Utah for a visit. It's been two years since we have seen our nephews and nieces up there and they had never met Drake. David's mom moved up to Utah last year too and we wanted to visit her as well. But I was to go alone as David needed to work. Bravely, I booked our flights and took the journey up there by myself. Let's just say that was quite an accomplishment because it takes three legs to get up there with Southwest. At the end of the first leg, Drake screamed and cried for the last 15 minutes before we landed. I could not calm him down. I basically started panicking, my heart was racing, I was shaking and about to cry. Finally, he calmed down after we landed and I was terrified he'd do it again the whole way there. Luckily I was smart enough to bring 6 bags of m&ms and that saved me the rest of the trip. Any time he was going to melt down, I brought another bag out. Once we got to SLC, I felt very relieved and knew I would need help on the way home. My mother-in-law is great and offered to travel back with me so I took her up on her offer. 
Our five days in Utah were so much fun and well worth the trip! The only thing better would have been if David was with us but we made the most of Grandma and cousin time. 

We had pizza in the park (Dilan and Drew with cousins)
 We visited the Oaker Mountain Temple because I had never seen it before. The kids loved walking around.
 Grandma, Drake, Joely, Josie, Dilan, Jenna, and Drew at the Oaker Mountain Temple
 Me and my kids at the Oaker Mountain Temple
 We swam at the Legacy Center with lots of slides
 Countless hours on the cousins' trampoline in the backyard
 And playing in the backyard in general
 Took at trip to SLC and visited the church history museum. Drew is posing in front of the missionary display and a taco in hand! 
 Drake and Drew with a statue of angel Moroni, which is also on top of every temple
 Dilan in front of the replica podium at General Conference
 Me and my kids with my sister-in-law, Amy, and her three girls in front of the SLC temple
 The kids in front of the SLC temple
 Drake at the reflection pool
 Drew and Dilan with their cousins at the reflection pool
 We took a trip to the splash pad
 and to Jump on It where the kids jumped on multiple trampolines, and finally to SNOASIS where Grandma treated them to snowcones - a definite highlight of the trip!

0 comments: