Monday, July 9, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

We had a great time at my dad's lakehouse (formerly my grandmother and grandfather's residence until my grandfather died) for Memorial Day weekend. What's great is that I came here as a kid growing up for holidays and summer vacation and now my kids are getting to experience it. 
David, Drew and my Dad in the pontoon boat
 My grandmother, MawDee, and Drake
 Drew and my Dad on the pontoon boat
 David and Dilan on the boat
 Drake watching Drew drive the boat
 Drake found the button to the horn on the boat and did not want to stop pressing it.
 My Dad got ATVs to ride.
 David riding with Drake slowly
 Dilan thought it was loud but fun
 Me driving the golf cart with the kids
 Keely, Drake, me and Beva in the pontoon boat
 David, Damon and Lars in the pontoon boat. Shortly after this picture, there was too much weight in the front of the boat and water rushed up almost sinking us. We all moved to the back of the boat and made a dash for dry land. :)
 It was only two weeks away from Drew's 7th birthday, so we decided to have a family celebration while we were all together. Drew picked his favorite cookies to celebrate with.

 The whole family celebrating Drew turning 7
 We took the kids to Lake Tejas which is a fun place for the kids and a place we always went to growing up. They have slides now that the kids literally did over and over again and Drew was old enough and big enough to ride the "Wet Willy" which is the huge slide. He loved it. :)

1 comments:

Kirwin said...

What a great time and great job telling the story. Love, PawDee