Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's a GIRL!

We are thrilled that we are having another girl! I really didn't know if I wanted to find out the gender on this last baby or not. I thought it could be a fun surprise to wait but as time got closer to our big ultrasound, I kept having this feeling that it was a girl. Even as I walked into the doctor's office, I didn't know what I wanted to do. Unfortunately, David had a presentation at work he couldn't get out of and I went alone. But he was very supportive and told me to do whatever I wanted and felt good about in the moment. So, as I am sitting there looking at my baby on the screen, I am noticing that I am thinking quite matter-of-factly, 'this is a girl.' And in that moment, it was clear that I need to find out because I already knew. Sure enough, all the measurements were taken, and it was time to find out the gender. I told the technician that I thought it was a girl. Once she found the view that was needed, she stopped on the picture (2nd below). She then said, "What do you see?" I said, "I'm pretty sure it's a girl." She replied, "Yes, it is!" I was very happy to know that we will have two of each and that everyone will have a brother and a sister! As I went back to the waiting room to wait and see the doctor, I sat there with picture in hand and it was a very sweet moment to realize only she and I knew. 
I didn't want to tell David over the phone so I told him he'd have to wait until he got home from work. I called a local bakery and had them make "reveal" cupcakes with pink frosting on the inside for David and the kids to enjoy. It was a fun way for them to find out!
Dilan enjoyed seeing pink in her cupcake. She doesn't really understand it now, but one day she'll know how special it is that she's getting a sister!!!

 Drake was pretty excited too but it's probably from the icing he just had! I also had a sweet moment with Drake when I came home. I embraced him and when I went to kiss his cheek, I realized he is my last little boy and that makes him even more special to me. :)

2 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

I was so excited to read this on facebook today! Seriously, every girl needs a sister. I'm so glad Dilan will have a sister now :)

Phillips Family said...

congratulations. Dilan will have to get used to not being the supreme ruler.