Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kinsey and Keely's 36th Birthday

For our 36th birthday, my sister and I kept with our tradition and spent it together at the spa. We went to the Houstonian and we were completely pampered. Facials, plush robes and slippers, time in the indoor pool and spa (both of us being pregnant did not allow for complete submersion), and Keely surprised me with a reservation to eat lunch on the patio. My mom and David watched the kids all day so I could be with my sister. After lunch, we headed to do some maternity clothes shopping and back to her house to get ready for dinner. Imagine being able to get ready uninterrupted by my kids - it was definitely my birthday. Then, we headed to our family dinner which we chose a hibachi grill for. We even were seated in a private room with two hibachi grills facing one another. With an entertaining cooking show in front of us, it really was the perfect place. My mom brought a cake for us that had a baby theme to represent both of us being pregnant at the same time this year. It was a lot of fun and the best part was that all of our family was there!

Keely and Kinsey at the spa 
Kinsey and Keely eating lunch
Me toasting to our over 35 status. :) 
 Drew and Dilan with cousins at the hibachi grill
 David and me with Drake at dinner
 Dilan's expression when the volcano fire was lit
 Drew eating his rice with chop sticks
 Keely and me with our birthday cake
 Me trying to get a picture with my kids on my birthday - I guess we don't get everything we wish for!

1 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Oh man that sounds like a tradition I want to start..the spa day looked awesome!! Happy Birthday to you!