Thursday, January 19, 2012

House Hunting...

After the whirlwind Christmas is, January is so much slower.. and I like it. I have not been planning adventures, we have just been having normal weekends running errands, being together, and house hunting. Yes, we have began the search. And we realize, it may take some time. So, as I think about he biggest accomplishment of this year, 2012, it will be to get a new home, settle in and settle down. And if you know us, that is huge. I've also been taking time off from our adventures because we have family coming into town soon and wanted to save some fun for them. :) Currently, I am in the middle of taking my blog from 2011 and making a book out of it. I am half-way through so I am hoping to get it done in the next few weeks. Also, I just got called to be the Relief Society Committee Meeting Coordinator so I've got some events to plan!

One thing I have started this year is children's journals for each of my kids. I realize I do a lot of pictures, video, and even keep up this blog pretty well documenting as much of their lives as I can but the everyday occurrings as to the little things they do or say are now on my mind as well. I don't have to write everyday, but I am training myself to look for the one little thing I can put in their journal to show them who they are in their young lives. I am really diligent in keeping a pregnancy journal for each pregnancy and for their whole first year of life, but then it fades after that. So, I've committed myself and the journals are taking shape. I just bought composition notebooks: Drew's is black, Dilan's is pink, and Drake's is green. I wrote a letter to each of them on the first page that was very personal to how I feel about them individually, why I was doing it, and what I hoped they get from it all.
I am also going to challenge myself to write my personal history this year... don't worry I've challenged myself before a few years ago and I started but never really got a routine down and I think we lost it on the old computer anyway.
So, I am not off the grid afterall (even though this might be the longest time I haven't blogged). Just nothing too much to report... until next week. :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Great goals Kinsey!! I've been counting my blog (which is sadly only updated about once a month) as my journal lately - I need to write more down and even take more pictures of the every day for sure! I just got released from the RS Meeting Coordinator:) Have fun!!

Kristine Pratt said...

Love this! I may have to copy you. I did the pregnancy journal with Hayden and everyone tells me I won't do it with my others, but if you can do it, so can I!!!

Sherie said...

Wow. Drake is gonna be a ladies man. Those are some intense blue eyes, and the curls? All your kids are so cute!! Anyway, I thought I'd add I've been doing the kids' journals for about 4 years, and every year I do it, I get better at it because we read them on New Years Eve as kind of a way to wrap up how they've grown in the past year. It's so much fun to read back, and keeps me motivated to do it because I know we'll appreciate it sooner than "someday" like my personal journal. It was also a way for us to have more of a kid friendly tradition to go along with New Years.

Candace said...

I was called as the RS meeting coordinator in August! We'll have to share ideas! I have journals for each of my kids, Maddy's is written in the most and Bekah's has absolutely nothing in it. :( You really do have some great goals! Miss you!