Monday, September 26, 2011

Ft Worth Zoo

We took the opportunity of the great weather and got outside to the Ft Worth zoo on Saturday morning. It was beautiful and walking around alone was well worth it. We knew right when we got there, we had to ride the train (or we'd be asked over and over again all morning) so we hopped on the Yellow Rose Express. A fun ride and fun to be back in Texas at a zoo where everything is named after the things of this state. Seriously, sometimes I have to pinch myself that we are here.

Boarding the train
The boys riding the train
Me and my kiddos on the train
Drew and the engine
Petting zoo with the goats - the kids just looked, they didn't care to touch
Dilan and me in a stage coach
Disembarking the stage coach
This alligator was a little freaky - when you walked into the gator exhibit, he looked real at first.
Beautiful bald eagle
Loved this saying about Texas I read while Drew was getting a drink

Looking at the giraffes

Our tradition of getting a souvenir penny wherever we go
Black Rhino - never seen one of these

Who me?
Dilan was obsessed with reading the zoo map
Drake and David with a rhinoceros in the background
The chimps
Drake and me in front of the monkeys

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I was wondering who that blonde headed kid was--holy cow Drake has gotten so big!!!