Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dilan does Dance!

We heard about an opportunity last week to get Dilan in a dance class. A woman in our church does the class at a friend's home. I thought at first she'd be on the wait list but I got a call that Dilan was welcome to join this year. The classes are once a week until the end of the school year. I drop her off (so no parent-watching) and then in December, the parents can attend a class to see how much their little ones have learned. At the end of the year, Dilan will have a recital with a costume too. The best part was going to the dance store. The teacher told me to let Dilan pick out her own leotard, it didn't matter the color and to get her pink ballet shoes too. Dilan immediately picked out this purple ballerina outfit. I had her look at all sorts of things but she saw this first and that was it. It has some bling at the top and some roses on the skirt. She was fitted for ballet shoes (size 7.5) and $50 later, we were out the door. David was kind of complaining that Dilan was too young to start dance and that we were going to spend a lot of $ on this adventure, but when he saw how happy Dilan was, he could not stop smiling. It was precious. So fun to have a little girl!

Dilan's first day of dance class went well. I brought her in and only once did she look teary-eyed. But when all the other girls came in and began to dance with the teacher, she joined right in. She's the only one in purple too (that's my girl!). After I left, the teacher said she did great on her first day!
Dilan spinning around so I caught a picture of her hair. The teacher said it has to be up and out of her face. How could I not put it in a bun? :)
My little ballerina reading a book

3 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

I LOVE these pictures, so cute! A lady in our ward teaches dance out of her home too, I'm excited when Hayden is old enough to get her in some classes!

Mary Killion said...

I LOVE IT! Dilan looks so cute in that outfit! I can't wait to hear more about her dancing adventures :)

Phillips Family said...

Wow, she is a sharp looking little dancer!