Monday, December 14, 2009

Good news, bad news...

So, the good news was that last Sunday we found out I was pregnant. It was very exciting because my sister and her husband were here and I was able to tell them right away. I put the pregnancy test on the tree and told my sister when she came down the stairs in the morning that I had placed a new ornament on the tree. She looked and freaked out - it was so funny and we even captured it on video. She couldn't believe I was pregnant and neither could we! We were very excited because we had just decided we were ready for another baby and got pregnant the first month we tried. We didn't tell any other family members and decided it would be fun to tell them in person over the holidays. Here are the pictures from what was our good news:


Well... that plan didn't go as we had hoped. As some of you know, I had a miscarriage for my first pregnancy before Drew was born. I was told it happens in 50% of first pregnancies, it's very common, etc. So, I don't think too much of it now especially since I've had two healthy pregnancies and babies since then.

I called my OB up here to schedule an appointment after we found out I was pregnant. But they kept telling me because of my "history of miscarriage" they had to monitor me more closely and I had to come in for a blood test first before seeing the doctor. So, last Thursday I go in for the blood test and they call me back later that day and confirm the pregnancy.
Then, I set up an appointment for Monday for a follow-up blood test as they instruct me to do. I have to admit that I was a little irritated by the fact that I was having to do all these blood tests when I didn't have to do any of this when I was pregnant with Drew or Dilan. I just didn't think it was necessary.

Well, yesterday, I had a miscarriage. (sigh). It's been a roller coaster of feelings yesterday and today. I went in for the blood test today and they called back and confirmed the miscarriage. My HGC level was down to a 12 (from 115 last Thursday). They do want me to come back after the holidays and get one more blood test to ensure my HGC level is negative by that time and everything is back to normal.

I am trying to remain positive and look forward to trying again in the next couple of months. All I know is that we are ready to have another baby and hopefully we can have more children soon.

17 comments:

Johnson said...

I'm so sorry Kinsey. I hope you are doing alright. Thanks for letting me know about it when you found out in the first place. It was fun being excited for you and I look forward to being excited for you all over again in the future. Tell David to give you a hug for me.

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Cute idea Kinsey, but so sorry for the not so good news. Hope your body recovers quick and you can get started again on baby # 3. Your kids are so adorable.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

I'm so sorry !! I hope that your recovery is fast and that everything works out the next time around.

April said...

Kinsey --- I am so sorry!! Even if it is just for a little while when you know there is a little one growing within you it is so special and sweet and it is hard to learn that it wasn't meant to be.
I hope things work out for you soon. Your family is so beautiful and sweet. How wonderful it would be to have a new little addition.

Melanie said...

Thank you for sharing Kinsey! I am glad we get to share the good and bad news with you. I am sure you will get pregnant again very soon. Love you!!

T said...

Oh Kinsey! That is a hard thing to deal with no matter how far along you are. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I feel like blogs are places where we try and put out only positive things. We have all these other things going on in our lives that sometimes we feel no one wants to hear, or maybe we don't feel like sharing. But, what a support group we all have through blogging!!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I am so sorry for you guys. It is good to see your positive outlook. Here is to a very speedy recovery and the quick opportunity for baby #3!

Shanan & Shannon said...

I'm so sorry, my friend. I know the pain and emotional rollercoaster. Know that you are being thought of and I too hope for a quick recovery. May 2010 bring great news & a sweet new little one.

Elieson Family said...

oh dear. it is so not fun. i was devastated with each miscarriage i had. you don't expect it, you don't like it, you can never get "used to it" i'm so sorry you're having to deal with it right now. hopefully your rollercoaster will go up again soon. real soon.

Chrissy said...

Kinsey, I'm sorry too. Reading over everyone's sentiments, it seems like you have really wonderful, loving friends that I couldnt agree with more. May God bless you abundantly!

Shelley said...

Kinsey,
I am so sorry to hear the news...I am never amazed by your constant positive attitude. God will provide you with another child when the time is right. I know your faith is strong, and I know you will be fine. I will be praying for you and David. I miss ya girl!
Love,
Shelley

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candace said...

Kinsey, I'm sorry! I've never had a miscarriage, so I don't really know what to say. I'm thinking of you and praying for your family. We miss you guys! Have a Merry Christmas!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

So sorry to hear that! You are a very positive person and I could learn a lot from you..you just need to move closer so I can!

MoDLin said...

Kinsey, I'm so sorry about your loss. You sounded so excited and I loved the clever way you told your sister. I hope that you have a restful and loving holiday and that you will receive good news again some time in the new year. All the best to you and your family.

Kristine Pratt said...

Kinsey,like everyone else has said, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. My friend here in Cheyenne also just had one and it just breaks my heart watching people go through that. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

nicole said...

Oh no... I'm so sorry Kinsey. I guess I should have read this before I made that last post. I had no idea. :( I know how excited you were. You're in my prayers. xoxo