Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Drake's First Day of Pre-K 2015

Drake started pre-K today! Drake was so excited to go to school and he didn't miss a beat. He got himself dressed and ready to go, didn't complain about me fixing his hair (a miracle!), and made a decision that his shoes were too small today. I hadn't bought him new school shoes yet because I was going to wait until he needed them. Apparently, he needed them today! So, he wore his casual gray shoes that looked even better with his outfit. The night before school started Drake told me to not to forget that he needed to wear the lei his teachers gave him. I explained that was for him to keep at home and play with. Drake said, "ok!," and then he was ready to go! We drove to school and Dakota had to put her backpack on just like her big brother. Drake walked into the classroom, hung up his backpack, and went immediately to his desk. He grabbed the red playdough in front of him and began playing with it right away. Drake had a hard time stopping so I could take a picture of him at his desk but eventually he did and then I gave him a hug and a kiss goodbye and that was it! Drake was on his own and loving every minute of it. When I came to pick Drake up, he was jumping up and down with excitement to see me but he was patiently waiting for his "surfboards" from his teacher to put up on the behavior chart. He was thrilled to get them for being on his "best behavior" today and then ran to me. The first thing he said was that he needed to take a shower tonight because he had been so hot and sweaty. When he walked in the door, he immediately went upstairs to play trains with Dakota. Drake had a great day at school!

0 comments: