Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Scout Camp 2014

Drew loved scout camp last year so he was really looking forward to going this year again. Since David has had some health problems recently, I chose to volunteer this year. I loved being with Drew and his troop. We started off making our crafts and then we moved on to splash time with water games. Unfortunately, during that event, the thunder and clouds rolled in and the next hour was spent taking cover in a barn until they cancelled the rest of the day. Drew was quite disappointed as we drove home. He said, "why did it have to rain on the day you were there?" But when the next day was cancelled all together because of the weather, he realized that me getting to go for half a day was better than nothing. 
 It was very unfortunate that we had to wear maroon shirts as parent volunteers. So I just chose to accessorize with my longhorn hat!

0 comments: