Wednesday, July 23, 2014

FC Dallas vs NE Revolution 2014

Drew completed the summer reading program at the local library and we can get a few free tickets to some FC Dallas games. David has already taken Drew once before and this time, it was my turn to go. I was really looking forward to it. Right when we got there, the excitement began as the smells of the food and the sounds of the stadium were so familiar. We loved going to the game - we saw a 90 minute goal by FC Dallas which led them to win the game 2-0.
 Drew only wanted a pretzel, no salt
 
Our view of the game - anywhere in the stadium is a great view
 After the game, I took Drew to the fan store and bought him an FC Dallas shirt. On our way out, we went by the area where the players leave and we met Walker Zimmerman. He is a defender on the team and we got his autograph and picture. It was so fun to meet one of the players. That same week, we went to playgroup at a pool in an apartment complex and this guy got into the pool. As I swam with Dakota closer to him, I recognized him as Walker Zimmerman! It was crazy so my friend asked him if he played soccer for FC Dallas and when he confirmed it, I told him we were at the game and we met him Saturday night. We had a fun conversation about soccer, Georgia which is where he's from, and I wished him luck on his next game.

0 comments: