Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

What a fantastic mother's day I had! I really was treated like a queen all weekend with donuts and kolaches on Saturday morning, followed by multiple naps (don't judge), and dinner at Costa Vida which is the copycat of Cafe Rio. Although it takes us 45 minutes to get there, it was worth it. I even had leftovers for lunch on Sunday which also made my mother's day even better. We watched Alvin and Chipmunks' new movie, Chipwrecked, as a family Saturday night too. On Sunday, we woke up for church and the kids couldn't wait to give me their gifts afterwards. Drake was asleep and the kids gave me their own cards they picked out. Then, I got new workout shoes that the kids picked out which I loved and new workout shirts, each child picking out a color for me. Drew also wanted to get me his own gift and he picked out a first aid kit for me. He told me that every mother needs a first aid kit! He is so right and even though we have one in our 72 hour kits, it's always good to have another! I really appreciated David letting the kids pick out my gifts this year - it makes it so much more of a personal touch on Mother's Day. Then, David cooked me a steak, potatoes and asparagus for dinner with cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was delicious and we realized David needs to cook that more often! :)
Getting my cards from each of the kids. David got me a card too and it was so sweet, it made me cry.
 Loving what the kids wrote to me
 Me with my shoes, shirts, and first aid kit. :)

0 comments: