Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baby #4!

We are excited to announce the arrival of Pistorius baby #4 sometime at the end of November, beginning of December! We have been talking and talking about this last little one and when to have the baby of our family. We wanted to wait until David's job was permanent at SWA and we wanted Drake to be between 2 and 3 years old. With my age increasing past 35 this summer, we knew we had a window of time so we decided to start trying. Sure enough our first attempt was successful and we are looking forward to meeting our little one after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.
I was kind of surprised I was pregnant already but David was so excited - kind of a role reversal for us. :) But in looking back over my pregnancies, I realized we found out I was pregnant with Drew on David's birthday, we found out I was pregnant with Dilan at David's mom's house and were able to share it with her (also initially I thought the test was negative and went back later to dig it out of the trash and find the other pink line had come up), and
found out I was pregnant with Drake with my sister Keely and then I surprised David with the positive test as we went away to Chicago for the weekend. I knew this one had to have it's own special story too. So, because Drew is almost 7 and as a family, we had prayed about having a fourth and final baby, I knew Drew could remember how we told him. So, I came up with a fun Easter egg scavenger hunt around the house for Drew and Dilan (we found out about the pregnancy days before Easter). They loved it! Drew read all the clues and he and Dilan found all the eggs when it was each their turn to do so. Of course at the end, Dilan was more concerned about her having all the eggs in her bucket than the "prize" but Drew's reaction was priceless.
Here they are on their scavenger hunt. Drake followed them around too.

And the "prize" was a baby bottle that read, "Mommy is having a baby!" When Drew read it, he got this expression on his face. He was SO excited! Notice the blue bag and the pink bottle... had to play fair.

Dilan understood when we finally said that we'd have four kids in the family and held up the number 4.
And our family picture before going to celebrate by eating breakfast at Chick-fil-a. Drew is still holding the bottle. By the end of this year, our family will be complete as we've always pictured it. :)

The remnants of our scavenger hunt.

For all of you who faithfully read our blog, this is the first public forum we are posting our news. When I hit 12 weeks at the beginning of next week, we'll post on Facebook. :)

9 comments:

Phillips Family said...

We are so excited for you guys!! You are true mormons now...well, maybe you will need to add two or three more kids to your brood to be truly true mormons. Anyway, we are super happy for you.

Jenny said...

So exciting for your family! Congrats!

Johnson said...

woohoo! cute way to tell the kids! You're so good at making things more special.

Spencer said...

Congratulations and I am glad to hear your kids were so excited to hear the news.

carrie said...

Congratulations!! I was looking at some of your pictures on facebook this morning, and no joke thought to myself...I wonder if they're going to have another? So happy for you guys!!!

Mary Killion said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you. This baby is certainly blessed to be a member of such a wonderful family. Can't wait for more updates in the future :)

Sherie said...

Wow! Congratulations! Your kids keep getting cuter the more you get, so we'll see if this one can outdo them all... Congrats again!

Shelley said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! I am so excited for your new addition!

Noelle and Corey said...

Yay! So happy for you!! Natalie is doe just a few weeks after you! I need to steal your kids for a little while so you can get a little rest. I'll be calling to schedule that if I don't hear from you first..:)