Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cake and Presents for a 1 year old!

I decided to go with the Valentine theme for Dilan's first birthday because it's frilly, and lots of pink and red and it makes for a very sweet party! I figure when she can tell me what theme she wants to have, I'll let her pick but I couldn't resist having a theme of LOVE for my little girl - it just fits.
I ordered a heart-shape cake from a local German bakery and they special-ordered this one with her name on it. These cakes were supposed to be $19.99 but they misquoted the store and I got it for $9.99. It was quite the steal.
Anyway, Dilan was tired and not feeling well but we just had to celebrate (okay I did, after all it really is a celebration of the 13.5 hr labor I had with her, right?) Anyway, Dilan definitely put her hands in her cake but was not interested in tasting it. With a little help she got some in her mouth and she promptly spit it out. Very fitting for my little one. She really tried hard to get the icing off her hands and off the tray so after a while of her doing that, I put her out of her misery and cleaned her all up.
I do have to say Drew was a great big brother and helped her open her presents. She LOVED everything. I was surprised how she literally played with all her new toys right off the bat and still has been playing with them nonstop. It's so fun to have some girl toys with lots of pink! Thank you to everyone who made this first birthday very special, especially my mom and Sam who came up for it and to all my family who sent presents and who called Dilan on her birthday, we truly appreciate it.













5 comments:

Johnson said...

She is such a cutie. What a great deal for that cake!

Kristine Pratt said...

so fun! I can't believe she didn't like the sugary frosting.

Rachel said...

For real! What kid doesn't like something full of sugar!!?! Silly girl! Nice work on the decorations. Cute and simple :)

Phillips Family said...

Looks like a great birthday. I bet it is nice to have a big brother that helps out all the time.

Jenise said...

What a cutie. Looks like lots of fun. I know I am late, but Happy Birthday Dilan. She is so adorable.