Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Breakfast with Santa and Ward Christmas Party

On Saturday after David's 5K run, we went to David's office party which was Breakfast with Santa. They had real pictures of Santa taken and gave you one printed out with a frame too! They also took several pictures and gave us a CD with them on it so we could print out more and have various poses. We had eggs, sausage, bacon, and pancakes and it was great to meet more people David works with and their families.
Later that night, we attended the ward Christmas party where we had a lot of fun. We really like the people in our ward and feel like we have real friends there! We had a good potluck dinner, the kids decorated sugar cookies, we sang Christmas songs and we saw Santa for the third time that day. The funniest part was that Santa came out and everyone was waiting in line to see him. No one was on his lap yet so Drew just ran straight up to him, sat on his lap, smiled for a picture and hopped off. It was hilarious! He was quite efficient and did all this before anyone felt upset about it.
Drew now talks about how he has seen Santa Claus 4 times already this season!!! :)


6 comments:

Amy Pratt said...

Drew looks absolutely adorable! I feel like a real flop...four Santa visits...my kids haven't seen the big man yet!!! Miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Nice! I guess it's good to have them trained and know what to do--SMile for the camera! That Drew-he's a smart one!

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

What a busy day and then you taught a great lesson I heard. Sorry I missed it. Have a great day.

Warth Family said...

4 times, 4 totally different looking santas! Did Drew even notice the difference?

Phillips Family said...

Looks like a fun time with Santa. I have a training conference in South Carolina the first week of January. I thought you were closer. I would love to see you guys, but don't know if that would work out. I will have to keep in touch.

Jenise said...

Fun times with Santa. I wish they didn't end when you grow up. I was ready to sit on Santa's lap and tell him all the things that I want and hope they will show up on Christmas moring. Have fun in Texas. We will miss you.