Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Halloween 2014

Halloween was quite the Frozen Festivus as Dilan dressed up as Anna, Dakota as Elsa, and Drake as Olaf. Of course, Drew went as Harry Potter because he has read the books at least twice. The afternoon started off a bit rocky when Dakota decided to decorate my new white chair with a permanent blue highlighter while I was getting the candy ready to hand out. A lot of cleaning and some tears later, I got most of it out of the chair. I tried to let it go and enjoy the evening. We all went up and down our street first. David took Dakota and I kept up with the big kids. By the time we crossed the street, Dakota had it all figured out and was accepting candy and putting it in her pumpkin and saying, "thank you." It was too cute. The big kids were running from house to house and getting offended if others went ahead in the process. Dilan ditched her flats for running shoes once we headed towards the next street. We put Dakota in the stroller and off we went! We pulled up at the next few houses and we were stopped waiting for the kids. I gave David the camera to take a picture of me and my friend so I could get a photo on Halloween night. While taking the picture, Dakota turned around in her stroller and face planted onto the cement. It was terrifying to pick her up and see the huge bump on her forehead. It was terrible. I immediately ran her home to put ice on her head. I put on Mickey Mouse so she would be distracted and kept putting the ice on. It helped a lot and the next day she woke up with no bump but a huge scrape. Not the way I wanted to spend the rest of Halloween but David took the kids trick-or-treating the rest of the night and they had so much fun. Drake was the only Olaf we even saw and he made such a great one - it was too cute! he's my only kid that hasn't fought me on getting dressed up in whatever I put him in :)

0 comments: