Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My new niece

Lorelei Kinsey was born on Sunday, August 31st over Labor Day Weekend. Keely went into the hospital to get monitored on Saturday because of a concern and some blood work indicated that she could have a small placenta tear. Due to that, she was induced Saturday night. I got the call and immediately packed three kids and me up and got in my car. I was ready in 30 minutes and out the door. We drove straight to Damon's house in Pearland and made it just after midnight. I put the kids down and Dakota would not sleep in the pack 'n play so I had to lay down on the couch with her until she fell asleep a few hours later. About 5 am I got a text from my mom asking if I could come to the hospital. She indicated that Keely was in a lot of pain and she needed me.
I immediately got up and wrote a note to Damon that I was leaving for the hospital. Damon and Amy took care of the kids once they woke up and I was able to be at the hospital for my niece's birth. When I arrived at the hospital, Keely was in a lot of pain. She was going through so much with a placenta tear and petocin and she wasn't progressing very fast. Seeing her go through labor was like watching myself doing it because we are so similar with everything we go through. About 10 am it was time to go. I was literally standing on the couch to see and capture the moments with the camera. It was so special to see my niece come into this world especially because she has my name as her middle name. I was the first one to hold her after her parents too. She is so loved. :)
 
David and Drew flew in and got to the hospital around 1 p.m. The whole family was able to hold Lorelei after she was born. It was such a special day. The next day, David took care of the kids while I got to be with Keely at the hospital and see her twin boys meet their sister.

0 comments: