Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day was very special this year because we had Colleen with us. David started our day off right by making us omelets :)
 I got cards, oven mits from Drew and Dilan and flower pens from Drake. Drew also made me a book of poems and he said such sweet things up to and including how I couldn't play sometimes because I had to go to work... literally in every poem he wrote. I felt bad but didn't say anything for a few days and then I was able to talk to him about me working one night a week. We discussed the many reasons I decided it was important for me to keep my skills current and what me working that one night allows us to do (vacations, etc.) He understood a lot more as to why I do it. I know he really just misses me on that one night but when I explained he's at cub scouts and he's not really there, he really just said that he missed me reading to him on Wednesdays nights. :)
Dilan and her classmates wrote recipes for a cook book. Dilan chose to include my recipe for "mini hot dogs" and she said that I spread the bread out on a "square thingy" - that's my girl! It was so funny reading how each child came up with how their moms made some of their favorite dishes.
 We chose a theme of "favorite things" for Colleen. David's sisters helped me put the basket together with ideas and we chose a church book, Il Divo CD, Snickers candy bars, a Blu-ray movie, and Muddy Buddies because they reminded me of Buddy. Colleen had said that she had really been thinking a lot about him this week so it was perfect. We also had all the grandkids videotaped saying their favorite thing about Grandma and I made it into a cute video for her. Drew said his favorite thing was when she taught him how to play checkers on the plane, Dilan loved that Mimi let her play on her phone, Drake loved her hugs and kisses and I got Dakota playing the piano with subtitles that she loved that Mimi plays the piano. It was so cute.
 The kids picked out this fabulous balloon for me and orange roses because I like the color orange. Pretty cute
 Then, we had dinner at Fuddrucker's Sat night to celebrate US!

0 comments: