Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Soccer 2014

We have had quite the soccer season this spring! With only a few weeks left, I wanted to post some pictures. Dilan played soccer when she was 3 with the YMCA. At first she was very interested, and then it slowly decreased and by the end of the season she didn't care to play when she was on the field. Then, she had a friend play this past fall and Dilan was interested again. She asked me: when was she going to get the chance to play soccer?  So, we signed her up on her friend's team and she is actually playing a year up, meaning with 6 years olds and she just turned 5. I was a bit nervous at first and I had every right to be. She came crying off the field the first two games. But she made it through the third game and from then on, she has really enjoyed playing. Once she had made it through three games without tears, she got a brand new pink soccer ball. Then, we told her if she scored, we would get her pink cleats. Well, my friends, it happened. Dilan scored a goal! She has developed quite a kick and she kicked the ball pretty far and fast and as her teammates ran to catch up with it, it went right in! I had tears in my eyes I was so happy for her. Dilan didn't yell or scream, she stopped and turned around with a huge smile on her face while her teammates were cheering for her. She literally just took it all in. When she came to the sidelines, she immediately said, "mom, I get my pink cleats!" yes, dear, you sure do! GO SUNNY BEES!!! buzzzzzz
 




 throwing the ball in

 she is number 10 throwing the ball in
Drew has also had a great season so far. This team only had four remaining players on it and it took some time to gel but once they did, they have been playing great! I finally feel like he has a team here in Frisco where we interact with the parents and we are all so proud of the progress they have made. David is the coach and he works really hard with the boys. Drew is more and more aggressive which is fun to see and he is excellent on defense. It is his strong point. :) GO RED STORM!



0 comments: